What Is the Fellowship?
The fellowships offer a unique opportunity for scholars and practitioners to share their knowledge and expertise in a collegial and intellectually stimulating environment. Fellows participate in weekly seminars with scholars, a luncheon speakers series with invited journalists or policymakers and in other organized programs of the Shorenstein Center and Harvard University. The Fellowship Program is not a degree or journalism training program.
The purpose of the Fellowship Program is to advance existing research in press/politics and to provide an opportunity for distinguished experts to reflect on their discipline. Our goal is to foster a collegial and intellectual environment that will enrich and complement one's knowledge of the field. The primary focus for a fellow in residence is a paper (approximately 15 pages in length) on a topic examining and analyzing the influence of the press on politics and public policy in the domestic or international arena.
- Applicants must be fluent in reading, writing and speaking English.
- Applicants must be journalists, scholars or policymakers active in the field of press, politics and public policy.
- Fellows are required to live in residence for one semester (fall semester runs approximately September through December; spring semester runs approximately February through May).
- Domestic and international applicants are eligible.
- Stipend: $30,000 disbursed in four installments over the semester. Travel and living expenses are not covered by the Center.
- Office space, computer, printer and telephone are provided.
- All application materials must be received on or before FEBRUARY 1, 2013.
How to Apply
Applicants should click here to complete the online application form. Please note: Before completing the application, read the form completely and collect your application materials. The form cannot be saved and must be completed in one session.
For more information contact Edith Holway: firstname.lastname@example.org
phone: 617-495-8269 | fax: 617-495-8696